Friday, July 27, 2012

Winding Down

"Le Flash Mob" during an afternoon outreach session.
We are nearing the end of our time in Clermont-Ferrand, but today was one of our most productive ministry days here. As I may have said earlier, we were able to share our testimony on Tuesday morning. Many members of the team have since come up to us to tell us how much it meant to them. We are just both so excited to talk about what God has done in our lives to bring us to France. Michelle and I both had opportunities again today to share our story. Michelle got the chance to share her story during on of our afternoon outreaches.




While she was doing a Sketchboard presentation, she met a couple from Russia that happened to be traveling through the city that day on their way to Paris. She was able to share the love of God with them and offer them hope, in both a literal and metaphorical way. She happened to have one of her pieces of artwork with her, a round, wooden disc, with the word "Hope" painted on it, and gave it to the the woman. I know that this was more than just a chance encounter!


In the courtyard of our "base" church in Clermont-Ferrand, Eaux Vive.
Tonight's international service was in a church in Clermont-Ferrand, just west of church where we have been gathering each day. Daniel and Timothy both got to participate, Timothy by introducing Daniel, and by Daniel doing his Napoleon Dynamite dance (which has had a great response every International night so far!). They also sang with some of the other kids in French and did the hand motions!


Daniel and Timothy, singing a song in French
during our international night.
One of the best part of the trip so far has been the international nights. It has been so good to see how God is working in the different cultures around the world. Tonight was special for me because I was asks to share my story about how God brought me out of sexual addiction and totally redeemed me. I have felt God give me the courage to be honest about my past, and I feel that He is using something so destructive to help the church in France. Many men - pastors of the churches here especially - have told me that this is a secret struggle that many men are dealing with, and that it is good to bring it out into the open. I am just so thankful that I get to be part of God's process of healing for other men. It is so humbling.


The French part of the OM team performing a sketch,
making fun of how often they go on strike. Notice how
the man on the right, has been on strike for so long, that
he doesn't have the money to buy a sign.
God is definitely doing something here in Clermont-Ferrand, and he is doing something in our hearts. I have really felt the love of God for the French people in a way I never felt before I came here. God is certainly stirring my heart and Michelle's and we're both very excited to see what the next step is going to be.





We have one more day of outreach ministry here in Clermont. Please be praying that everything will go smoothly, and that the seeds of the gospel will be planted in the hearts of those who will see and hear the presentations tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment